Unfortunately, you have been involved in an auto accident in North Carolina; now what? The time after an auto accident can be a scary and confusing time. Depending on the type of injuries you sustained, it may take you a while to recover. You want to start working on your case as soon as possible.
Where Should You Begin?
Your first thought after a car accident may be to call the insurance company. You may need a rental vehicle depending upon the extent of damage in your car accident. While this may be a common belief, we do not recommend calling the insurance company. Anything you say to the insurance company can be used against you. Your first concern should always be your health. Make sure you have your injuries from the car accident looked at by a medical professional as soon as possible. After taking care of your primary needs, it is time to start thinking about the future and your financial needs. An auto accident can lead to disability, time out of work, and a mountain of medical bills. If you need an attorney, you want to ensure that you have an expert car accident lawyer who can handle your needs.
How Do I Find an Excellent Personal Injury Lawyer for My Auto Accident?
The first thing you want to do is start researching a personal injury attorney in the jurisdiction of where the car accident happened. There are thousands of attorneys out there, and you have received countless flyers in the mail since your accident occurred. How do you sort out the good from the bad? Who is going to be the best car accident lawyer to handle your case? You recognize some of the names on the flyers from local tv ads or radio spots, but is a big advertising firm the right fit for you? You want an attorney who has time for you and can communicate effectively and efficiently. You don’t want to be just a number. When you call the office, you want the paralegals to know your name and to be familiar with your case.
Start by asking any friends and family members if they have any experience with a personal injury lawyer in Charlotte. How was their experience with that attorney? Would they have used someone else if they could go back? Did they feel that the lawyer had compassion for them and was genuinely interested in their case? Did they meet all of their financial needs from their auto accident?
After getting a few names, go onto the internet and do some research. You don’t want to pick the first name at the top of the list; they paid to be there. Scroll through the list of local attorneys and start by looking at how many reviews they have received and what kind of feedback their previous clients have given. Then, make a list of 3-5 attorneys based on their reviews and start investigating them.
Questions to Think About
- How long have they been practicing law?
- Where did they go to law school?
- How big is their firm?
- Do they have multiple offices?
- Do they have any disciplinary action from the North Carolina Bar?
- Have they ever been sued for malpractice?
- Do they practice the area of law that you need?
- How many times have they gone to trial?
After doing a little research, take the top three and phone their offices. Ask yourself how you felt when they answered the phone. Are they professional? Did they seem caring? Have a list of questions prepared to ask your personal injury attorney. A good attorney will take time with you; they will be patient, answer your questions, and lay out an outline of how things will happen. Are they going to be able to get fair compensation for: your emotional pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, cost to repair or replace your property, burial cost (wrongful death), hiring staff for the care you may need, etc?
Look for an Auto Accident Attorney With the Following Characteristics
- Do they have good people skills? When you meet with them, is it a good fit? Settlements don’t always happen quickly; you could be meeting with this person for a while.
- Are they efficient communicators? It would be best if you were kept in the loop every step of the way. Sometimes you can be lost in the shuffle at the larger law firms and feel like you are not being cared for.
- Are they persuasive? This is an excellent quality to have if you go to trial. More than likely, you will have a jury trial, so having a compelling car accident attorney works in your favor.
- Do they show perseverance? You don’t want a personal injury attorney that settles for the very first offer made by the insurance company.
- Are they a good listener? Do you feel that you are heard when you tell them your expectations? You don’t want to feel rushed; you want to know that they are taking their time with you. Your auto accident has changed your life, and you need to be taken care of.
- Do they seem to have a passion for their job? If they have a passion for their job, it will show. Having a passion for their job means better results for you.
- Are they good at researching? There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes. A good deal of research can go into winning a case for an auto accident. Experts need to be hired, and cases need to be found, etc.
- Do they show knowledge of the law? An excellent personal injury attorney should not have to get back to you on a question concerning their accident. They should know the law backward and forwards.
Why You Should Choose Rosensteel Fleishman for Your Auto Accident Case
The lawyers of Rosensteel Fleishman, PLLC have been representing people injured in car accidents across North Carolina since 2005. The have won millions of dollars for clients as compensation for their injuries. They do not advertise on TV, radio, billboards, and you won’t receive a letter in the mail from them after your auto accident. Their Google reviews speak for themselves, with over 300, 5.0-star ratings. Rosensteel Fleishman is a small local firm that serves Charlotte and the surrounding areas in North Carolina. Call today for your free no obligation consultation.